Our teachers are a talented team of intelligent, warm, creative, and enthusiastic individuals. They are dedicated to creating a nurturing environment where children are respected and supported as they develop independence, a sense of self, and a lifelong love of learning.
Our World Montessori maintains a strong commitment to the continuing education of our teachers. We encourage our staff to attend Montessori workshops and conferences and provide financial assistance for staff members to attend Montessori Training Programs. Our current staff have been trained by the Montessori education centers listed below:
- Center for Montessori Education-New York
- Northeast Montessori Institute
- North American Montessori Teacher’s Association
- West Side Montessori School Teacher Education Program
- Columbus Montessori Teacher Education Center
- Diane Lanci — Head of School
- Diane holds a B.A. in Business Administration (Minor in Marketing) from St. Catherine University in St. Paul, MN and an American Montessori Society (AMS) Administrator credential from the Center for Montessori Education-New York. Diane also attended North American Montessori Teacher’s Association’s Whole-School Montessori Management Training program prior to obtaining her AMS credential. Diane was a Montessori-educated child and is parent to Cara and Nicholas, both of whom attended Woodland Hill Montessori School in North Greenbush, NY from the age of 3 through 8th grade. Diane currently serves as an officer on the New York State Montessori Alliance (NYSMA) Board of Trustees, an organization that advocates for authentic Montessori practice in New York State and is dedicated to furthering the educational objectives, methods and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori in the State of New York. http://www.newyorkstatemontessorialliance.org/
- Sana Aamer — Children’s House Head Teacher
- Sana holds a B.S. in Biology from City College of New York. She completed her training for her AMS Early Childhood Education Credential through West Side Montessori School’s teacher education program in New York City.
- Marina Gabra–Children’s House Head Teacher
- Marina, her husband, and 4-month-old son have recently moved to the Capital District from Ohio where she has experience in Montessori toddler and Children’s House programs. She completed her AMS Montessori training through the Columbus Montessori Teacher Education Center and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Phonetics and Linguistics from Alexandra University in Egypt.
- Larissa Pierre — Toddler Head Teacher
- Larissa has a B.S. in History from SUNY-Albany and?has completed training for her AMS Infant/Toddler credential at the Center for Montessori Education-New York. She has also attended Infant/Toddler Advanced Assistant’s Training at Northeast Montessori Institute. Larissa worked in another local Montessori school before joining us at Our World.
- Anne Giaever— Assistant Teacher
- Anne has a B.A. in Russian Language and Literature from Cornell University in Ithaca, NY and took Master’s level coursework in Russian Literature at Columbia University in NYC. Anne brings 30 years of experience in education to Our World, having worked in independent schools such as The Dalton School and Columbia Grammar and Preparatory in NYC. She is drawn to the Montessori philosophy and pedagogy because we promote the joy of discovery, intrinsic motivation, and respect for others. She is looking forward to learning about the Montessori Method.
- Amita Hegde — Assistant Teacher
- Amita has a B.S in Zoology from the Regional Institute of Education in Bhubaneswar, India; as well as a M.S. and a PhD in Zoology from the Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi, India. She moved to the area from Singapore last year and has a son who attended a Montessori school. Amita recently completed the Northeast Montessori Institute’s Advanced Assistant’s training.
- Morgan Marx — Assistant Teacher
- Morgan holds a B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies, with emphases in Anthropology and English from the University of Alaska Southeast in Juneau, Alaska. She recently completed her Master’s Degree in Anthropology with an emphasis in Archaeology at SUNY Albany. She has attended Infant/Toddler Advanced Assistant’s Training at Northeast Montessori Institute and worked in another local Montessori school before finding Our World Montessori.
- Maynel DeCotes — Teacher Assistant
- Maynel has completed the Montessori Advanced Assistant’s training at Northeast Montessori Institute. Before joining the Our World team, Maynel was a Teacher Assistant in the Guilderland Central School District for 16 years.
- Michele Tibbitts-Esposito — Yoga Teacher, Teacher Assistant
Our World Montessori is an AMS Full Member School.