Our teachers are a talented team of intelligent, warm, creative, and enthusiastic individuals. They are dedicated to creating a nurturing environment where children are respected and supported as they develop independence, a sense of self, and a lifelong love of learning.
Our World Montessori maintains a strong commitment to the continuing education of our teachers. We encourage our staff to attend Montessori workshops and conferences and provide financial assistance for staff members to attend Montessori training programs. Our current staff have been trained by the Montessori education centers listed below:
- Center for Montessori Education-New York
- Northeast Montessori Institute
- North American Montessori Teacher’s Association
- West Side Montessori School Teacher Education Program
- Diane Lanci — Head of School
- Diane holds a B.A. in Business Administration (Minor in Marketing) from St. Catherine University in St. Paul, MN and an American Montessori Society (AMS) Administrator credential from the Center for Montessori Education-New York. Diane also attended North American Montessori Teacher’s Association’s Whole-School Montessori Management Training program prior to obtaining her AMS credential. Diane was a Montessori-educated child and is parent to Cara and Nicholas, both of whom attended Woodland Hill Montessori School in North Greenbush, NY from the age of 3 through 8th grade. Diane currently serves as President of the New York State Montessori Alliance (NYSMA) Board of Trustees, an organization that advocates for authentic Montessori practice in New York State and is dedicated to furthering the educational objectives, methods and philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori in the State of New York. http://www.newyorkstatemontessorialliance.org/
- Sana Aamer — Head Teacher
- Sana holds a B.S. in Biology from City College of New York. She has an AMS Early Childhood Education Credential from West Side Montessori School’s teacher education program in New York City.
- Mary Dame–Head Teacher
- Mary has a B.A. in History from SUNY-Albany and completed her AMS training through the Center for Montessori Education-New York. Mary worked at Woodland Hill Montessori prior to joining us at Our World Montessori.
- Larissa Pierre — Head Teacher
- Larissa has a B.S. in History from SUNY-Albany and an AMS Infant/Toddler credential from the Center for Montessori Education-New York. She has also attended Infant/Toddler Advanced Assistant’s Training at Northeast Montessori Institute. Larissa worked at Woodland Hill Montessori before joining us at Our World.
- Anne Giaever— Assistant Teacher
- Anne has a B.A. in Russian Language and Literature from Cornell University in Ithaca, NY and took Master’s level coursework in Russian Literature at Columbia University in NYC. Anne brings 30 years of experience in education to Our World, having worked in independent schools such as The Dalton School and Columbia Grammar and Preparatory in NYC. She is drawn to the Montessori philosophy and pedagogy because we promote the joy of discovery, intrinsic motivation, and respect for others.
- Tracey Heyderman — Assistant Teacher
- Tracey has a B.A. in Psychology from SUNY Old Westbury and an AMS Infant/Toddler credential from the enter for Montessori Education-New York. Prior to joining us at Our World, Tracey worked at Twin Parks Montessori in New York City for 15 years.
- Morgan Marx — Assistant Teacher
- Morgan holds a B.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies, with emphases in Anthropology and English from the University of Alaska Southeast in Juneau, Alaska. She recently completed her Master’s Degree in Anthropology with an emphasis in Archaeology at SUNY Albany. She has attended Infant/Toddler Advanced Assistant’s Training at Northeast Montessori Institute and worked at RiverRun Montessori before finding Our World Montessori.
- Natalia Anapolis — Assistant Teacher
- Natalia has worked with us in our summer camp program and now joins us for the school year as a recent graduate of SUNY-Potsdam with a B.A. in Early Childhood Education.
- Megan Jackson — Teacher Assistant
- Megan has an A.A.S. in Early Childhood Education from Schenectady County Community College and is studying for her Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education. Megan has experience working in a local Montessori school before joining us at Our World.
- Michele Tibbitts-Esposito — Yoga Teacher, Teacher Assistant
Our World Montessori is proud to be an AMS Full Member School!